Last updated 3/29/20 at 3:00 pm
Our hearts go out to those in need and the community as we continue to battle this war. We continue to strive for the best care for your pets and make ourselves available to you. Please continue to support our business through our Curbside Services and Online Pharmacy, so we can continue to be there for you!
Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020 we are now exclusively providing Curbside Services Only. Please see below how to prepare for your visit and more information regarding how we are taking action to stay safe. At this time our business hours remain unchanged, but please check our site regularly as we adapt to the new changes.
Please note Telemedicine services to diagnose or treat your pet from home are an option we are exploring. However, because most problems animals experience or well visit checks require your pet to be seen, we have determined the no-client contact visits are more beneficial at this time. Please click here to vote if you think the addition of Telemedicine would provide a great benefit to you. As we continue to adapt to the changes we may be offering it in the near future!
How to Prepare for your Curbside services:
Prescription refill or food:
- Rather than calling please click here to submit an online request.
- We will contact you when it is ready for pick up and collect payment.
- Upon arrival call our front desk, and we will bring it out to you!
If your pet needs to be seen or dropped off:
- In order to keep phone lines open for those outside please do not call ahead. We are continuing to operate on a “walk-in” basis for office visits during normal business hours.
- Proceed to our office with your pet
- Park in one of the designated curbside spot and call us upon arrival.
- If you experience a busy signal please follow the instructions on the sign or try calling again.
- Please provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your Pet’s name
- Detailed description of what’s going on
- Your cell phone # and email address to contact you while you wait
- Our DVMs will be utilizing Skype to interact with you during your pet's visit. If you would like to participate please notify the staff and make sure you have downloaded the app and logged in. The link will be emailed or texted to you when your pet is being examined.
- At the completion of the visit a staff member or DVM will call you for a brief overview of any concerns and collect your payment via credit card. Due to our need for additional lines you may receive a call from a temporary number. Please continue to communicate via our main phone line 205-553-8306.
- Your receipt will be emailed to you and your pet and any medication/food will be brought to your car.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Procedures we have in place to limit the spread:
- Our leash will be put on your pet at curbside pickup before you remove yours. Please make sure your pet is secure!
- Carriers are wiped down with disinfectant upon entrance into the building.
- Staff members are instructed to wash hands for 20 seconds after handling each patient.
(Due to the extreme shortage of PPE proper hygiene is proven more effective. Masks and gloves provide little protection, unless changed frequently, as each surface is touched it is transferring contagions to the next location.)
- Staff members are instructed to stay home if not well or self-quarantine per CDC guidelines if they have been exposed to someone with possible COVID-19
- High contact surfaces are disinfected regularly throughout the day in addition to our normal cleaning procedures
- Stations are setup to provide social distancing between each other
- No clients are allowed in the building at this time
We ask that clients who are ill, have not yet met the CDC guidelines to discontinue home isolation, or if your pet has been in contact with a potential COVID-19 illness during this time PLEASE DO NOT bring them to the clinic for the safety of our staff and community. If your pet is experiencing an emergency in this situation and needs to be seen please call and notify our staff, so we may safely prepare for your arrival.
Utilize our Online Pharmacy and Support our local business:
- Eliminate the risk of buying imitative or improperly stored medications that many big online retailers ship from outside countries and distributors where there is no regulation
- Approval requests are sent directly to us, syncing with our system, allowing for quicker processing and accurate records
- Manufacturer guarantees, which are not honored from 3rd party online retailers
- Eliminate 3rd party online retailer requests, which tie up our phone lines and take away precious staff time to assist our clients in house
- Instant Rebates and Additional Online Exclusive Promotional Savings
- Free Shipping and Auto-Ship
- Use code ONLINE10 for 10% off your first order
Information about Transmission of COVID-19
Although there has been early speculation of transmission to pets, there is no confirmed evidence COVID-19 causes infection in pets or passes between pets and humans. COVID-19 cases have been a result of human to human contact or contact with infected surfaces.
However, it is still important to take the necessary precautions if you develop flu-like symptoms and limit contact with others, including your pets. Although pets may not develop symptoms, pets can be a vessel (as with any surface) that can pass the virus from one person to another.